Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Scratchies

"When I get older and have scratchies on my pace (face) I ...”

“help Daddy mow grass. You do weedeater. I do blower. Mommy do mower. that's right."

"drive motorcycles!"

"drive green motorcycle. Daddy you drive black. yeah!"

"drink wine. when I get older. ohhhh yummy!" (don't worry he's never come close to tasting it)

"climb on the roof."
_______________________________________

I'm hoping that Jackson's "scratchies" (aka whiskers) don't come in too early because we'll be in a heap of trouble, except for the grass mowing I guess...I don't know a sharp spinning blade is pretty scary too. Motorcycle driving, alcohol, climbing on roofs and ...Yikes! What are we teaching our little kiddo.

He talks all the time about becoming big and says these things with such a serious excitement. These are just some of the things we have told him no to, so I guess he assumes when his "scratchies" come in then he'll be big enough to do. As for motorcycle driving, never never never, and if he chooses to when he is way older than even "scratchies" he better not tell me.

I'm going to try my best in this crazy world to keep my baby innocent and sweet for as long as I can. And when the day arrives when his Daddy teaches him to shave, my prayer is that his actions and choices will be guided by his strong moral character, his faith in God, and from the life lessons we've taught him.

No comments: