Yes, this came as a shock to us too as this was the first month we were given the o.k. to start trying again, but had decided to wait at least another month to gather more information from Dr.s and to just lengthen the break of not thinking about everything trying entails. And not to mention our previous history of having a hard time getting pregnant. Just another reminder of how we're not in control.
About 2 weeks ago after getting back from our Memorial Day weekend it dawned on me that I might be a little late so I pulled a pregnancy test out of my stash and just for kicks took one and then another and another and another not believing the result. Positive, what? That can't be right. Positive again, hmmmm... The following Wednesday my Dr. confirmed the pregnancy with HCG and progesterone level testing. My levels of both were really low last pregnancy so it was reassuring to hear that my progesterone was awesome and that my HCG looked better this time. Not awesome, but it did more than double over 2 days and was not in a scary low range.
I'm already experiencing the normally irritating early signs of pregnancy signs of crazy fatigue, a little nausea, soreness, etc. but to me these are truly a gift from God easing my worrisome thoughts. To be honest I'm having trouble wrapping my head around being pregnant again. I feel so blessed to be experiencing this beautiful gift again and thank God for another chance at bringing a healthy baby into our world, but I'm nervous. I know this is normal to feel after what we've gone through, but I don't want to be and I feel a little guilty not being able to just focus on the blessing. I know I will feel so much better when I see our baby in the ultrasound next week. My mind is constantly in prayer for our baby's health, and for joy and hope and strength to overcome my anxious thoughts.
It looks as if I am almost 6 weeks along so that would make our baby's due date around the beginning of February. Oh how I hope we get to meet our baby this time!
13 comments:
Congratulations!!!!!!! What awesome, happy, terrific news! We couldn't be happier for you 3 and know that you guys will be in our constant thoughts! Happy happy happy!!! :-)
Oh, I was so hopeful that was what your unexpected visit was for! Congrats, and our prayers are surrounding you for the next several weeks! Yay!
Congratulations! After everything you guys have been through, a big HAPPY surprise is totally in order, don't you think? Sending good baby dust your way until you can see the little mover and shaker on an ultrasound. : )
WOW what luck! My mom sure did pick a great time to finally catch up my google reader!! Congratulations, congratulations. Maybe Jackson can feel that baby fever, which explains the naptime thing.... ;)
What an answer to prayer!! Congrats!!!
I am so excited for your family. Adding another child is a wonderful blessing. I am only 3 1/2 weeks into it, but its amazing. Jackson will be a great big brother and now Ryan will have a play buddy closer to his age. When they all get older it will be fun to watch the four of them play together! Many prayers headed your way. Tell Brian congrats for me!
Yeh! So happy for you Jenn! Will be thinking about you!!
Congratulations! We'll be praying for a wonderful pregnancy and special blessing on this new little life!
Congrats! That is the most wonderful news! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
OHHHH I am SOOOOO Excited for your family! I will be thinking and praying for your family :)
We are so excited for you guys! It is wonderful being pregnant in the winter...you'll enjoy it...not so hot!
WOW, this is what happens when I move, get sick AND get a computer virus all at once.....I miss things like this. HOLY COW I am soooooo excited for you three. Love you all and hope that this brings you the joy you so deserve. Keep me posted! BIG HUGS my friend.
I'm so happy for you! Have you had your ultrasound yet?
We so enjoyed our dinner with you last week. Let's have coffee again soon!
Post a Comment