Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Clubhouse

I don't know if it's because Father's Day was just here or that Bryan has been on his best behavior lately (ha ha), or maybe the most obvious that I'm pregnant and very emotional, but I have felt so overwhelmingly grateful that he is my partner in life and the father to my sweet Jackson. The way he interacts with Jackson with such strong gentleness, encourages good behavior from him with such proactive discipline never losing his cool, always asks him about his day genuinely listening to each part, makes time for quiet time, play time, silly time, snuggle time with him. I could go on and on with examples of what a great Daddy Bryan is but what really just melts my heart even more than all those wonderful things is seeing the special bond that they share. The way Jackson runs down the hallway with lightning speed every evening when Bryan's key makes the first sound in the door, the way he leaps into his arms immediately saying " I missed you so much Daddy!", follows him into the bedroom to pick out Bryan's "play clothes" for the evening, and then often talking him into eating dinner on his lap. Jackson is such a lucky little guy to have Bryan as his Daddy...to feel his love throughout his growing up...how cool!

This Father's Day started out very early. I bought a swing set second hand from a friend and Sunday was the day to pick it up from their backyard. Bryan, accompanied by my sweet dad and our good friend Nick headed out to disassemble and then reassemble it back in our yard. Thanks for the help! We have been looking for a sturdy swing set that fit our budget for quite sometime and it seemed like this one along with it's incredible deal just fell in my lap. I don't know if Bryan would classify this Father's Day as very relaxing, but the look on Jackson's face when we told him it was finished made all the hard work worth it.
It is awesome and Jackson loves loves loves it! He calls it his "clubhouse" and would spend every minute of his day out there if the temperature allowed. I have to admit I would too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet Jennifer! That first photo looks like it belongs in a magazine. :) I'm so happy for your good news. My prayers continue for your family!

Audrey said...

That's defintely one cool playset - what a find!!! Can't wait to come over one day and try it out :-)

Tracy said...

Wow! It's a HUGE playhouse! I love it and it looks great in your backyard!

Katie said...

That is awesome!!!! I love the sweat on the guys.....I know it was NOT cool last weekend. Jackson and sweet baby #2 will be so thankful for their hard work, as will you when you can actually get a few things done during playtime.