I'm marking my calendar! After today's wonderful Dr. visit I'm so hopeful about meeting this little one!
I went in for my first ultrasound today with hopes that everything was o.k. at this point and it was. I've never heard one of our babies heartbeats in such an early scan, but there it was loud and clear at 126 bpm. I saw the reassuring flickering, but then to actually hear the sound was music to my very nervous ears.
The Dr. had my progesterone level checked today and has prescribed a supplement just in case it should dip. She is "cautiously optimistic", but couldn't be more pleased with what she saw today. Because the ultrasound showed the baby measuring at 6 weeks and 3 days my due date will be February 6, 2010.
I will continue to be on my knees praying for the health of our new little love and for the peace that got me through some nerve wrecking days last week to continue to take the front seat. O.k., to be totally honest I'm going to pray that if God could send me comforting reassurance through something other than nausea that would be great too.
I know we're not in the clear yet, but I feel better than "cautiously optimistic."
I feel full of HOPE!
7 comments:
I was so, so, so happy to see this post pop up! I've been checking your blog all afternoon, patiently waiting for the good news. And good it was!!! I'm so happy I'm grinning from ear to ear like a fool ;-) Congrats again!!
I'm so happy to be able to share your joy in this. And if you think you are extra nauseous, it might just be a girl after all! Enjoy all the happiness that this long awaited day deserves. : )
Yay! That is so wonderful! That's a great time to have a baby too! It will fly by once fall arrives and all of the holidays. My two girls were born in January and February. I hope that everything continues to go great!
I cannot wait to meet HER! I just know it is a little princess in there and you will be blessed this winter. Love you.
I'm so happy to hear that! Lets get together sometime soon!
Jennifer -
I am SO happy for you guys! I am praying for you and rejoicing for you.
Mindy
I'm with Katie on this one...I think it's a GIRL. Congrats...there is no one more deserving...love reading your sweet words.
Post a Comment