I love the feeling Thanksgiving brings to a table...to my heart. It brings forward everything that is a blessing, everything that is good, everything that is joyful in life and suddenly the stresses in life are smothered. Being pushed, and weakened by the sweet goodness of life.
The day after Thanksgiving when we went out to Mimi and Daday's ranch for the day. Jackson and his 3rd cousin, Kati Ann, played on Daday's tractor, and ran around enjoying the freedom that ranch land provides. We enjoyed such a nice lunch with everyone and then devoured I don't know how many of Mimi's homemade cinnamon roles...you can put a pan of those on my wish list this year. So yummy!
After we put Jackson down for a nap Bryan and I went riding with Uncle Bobby and Patrick, followed by Daday and Mike. I am so excited that I can now officially say that I have worked cows. Of course I didn't really do all that much besides make sure that I didn't get in the way of Bryan and Uncle Bobby's herding expertise, but I did "hold the hole" at one point. Impressive huh? And I helped with the fan out formation as we led a group of 5 mamas and 5 babies to another pasture. Oh and I got to yell, "heeyah!!" to the cows a couple of times. I just loved it.
For about half the time we were out there it was raining, a pretty good showering rain, and you would think that that would totally dampen, if you will, the experience, but it only made it better. Man, I wish I had pictures of us riding on that beautiful land with the rain pouring down. It was so cool.
Daday, Bryan, and Jackson
1 comment:
i enjoyed seeing yall so much. wish it could have been longer.
Post a Comment