Sunday, January 3, 2010

Up and About

At my 35 week check up last Wednesday I was taken off bed/couch/chair rest! The Dr. has kept me on my meds until 37 weeks , around January 13th, to hopefully give Colin a little extra time. I have probably what will be my last ultrasound with my perinatologist at the end of the week to get a better look at how things are progressing, but from my exam and stats everything looks wonderful.

I am thoroughly enjoying my freedom, that is as much as my 35 week pregnant body is allowing me to do. It is slightly frustrating that my most energetic phase of pregnancy was spent on the couch, but I feel so blessed to have entered 2010 still a family of just 3. I'm excited to have a couple of weeks with just Jackson in a state of normalcy and I am on my knees thanking God that my Colin has been given enough time before arriving to give him the best possible start in this world.

My up and abouts will be mainly focusing on doing things with Jackson, finishing up Colin's nursery, buying some of the final necessary baby items to have on hand, and doing some fun family of 3 things!

6 comments:

Lane Marie said...

oh yeah! I was just thinking about you today!

Amber and Co. said...

I'm so glad you get to be up and getting preparations ready for Colin to come, b/c that is so much fun! I love your positive attitude! It makes me feel more positive and helps me remember all of my blessings too. I hope you have a wonderful couple of weeks to spend with Jackson before Colin comes.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that you are going to have two precious boys! I'm back to watching the little boy today, and he and Hank are playing! It's stinkin' cute and I was thinking of you with your two boys....just around the corner...love you!

Katie said...

So wonderful! I love how you have been blessed with this time to enjoy your sweet Jackson before bringing a baby home for everyone to enjoy. Congrats, do not wear yourself out and HAVE FUN!

Amber said...

That is great! It is nice to be able to move about and get things done so you can feel prepared for when Colin arrives. I am glad things are going so well for you guys!

Alana said...

I am so glad to hear that! I cannot wait to meet Colin!