Colin's first bath was a lot lower key than Jackson's was. There are a lot of things I have tweeked and am doing slightly differently this time around. Live and learn right?
We set everything up in our cozy bathroom with a small space heater fully blasting away so it was nice and toasty unlike the drafty kitchen we had set Jackson's bathtub up in. This time we used a big baby sponge my friend let me borrow with a towel on the top instead of pulling out the baby bath tub yet. Just because of these two differences and because at this point Colin is a lot more chill his first bath experience was very peaceful. Probably also because his mommy was a lot more relaxed this time around. For future baths I invision him joining me at the end of a relaxing mommy bath instead of using the baby bath all the time. Clean baby and relaxed mommy as a result...pretty genius I think.
Because I am always stroking his silky almost auburn hair it gets pretty oily pretty quickly so in between baths I have washed just his hair several times. Both times I did it right before a feeding just in case he got unhappy and needed some soothing immediately after, but to my surprise he did not wake up throughout the whole process. I'm wondering if this chill behavior is something that will stick around. How cool would that be?
And how cool that I have another beautiful baby to share first moments like this with. I am a very happy mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment