Last Saturday Bryan and I gave Jackson an early big brother gift in preparation for the wonderful change that is about to happen as we transition from Reece party of 3 to Reece party of 4.
We gave him a great book called "I'm Going to be a Big Brother." Despite the larger gift left unopened on the coffee table, Jackson hung on every word of the story as we read the sweet details of what it will be like to become a big brother. I love how excited he is and though I have no idea how this excitement will play out once Colin is actually here, but he has made this pregnancy so full of joy with his continued interest in all things baby. My shirt is continually up throughout the day as he loves on Baby Colin, telling him about his day and asking him what he's up to in there. He loves to feel his kicks and hiccups and on the random nights where a mommy snuggle is needed mid night he positions his body where he falls back asleep snuggled up to my very large belly. Jackson tells me daily different things he will do with Baby Colin. This is oh so sweet and a little alarming at the same time. He tells me things like how he will put Colin in the bath with him and bath him for us, how he will carry him up the stairs, put him in his bed, and cover him with blankets so he doesn't fall off and these are just a few of the oh so sweet ways he is planning to spend time with Colin but they of course spur on many discussions about appropriate ways to gently care for Colin with a grown up supervising.
3 comments:
That is adorable! Jackson is going to make a great big brother.
I think that is an awesome idea. I wanted to that with Riley bc he was so young and really still a baby himself, but Casey did not like the idea of him having a doll. So I am glad you got to do that. Jackson will be great. I cannot wait to meet Colin either :)
Precious. Can we get more pics of the sweet nursery???? :)
Post a Comment