A common fish story always involves lots of elaboration about the catch and major exaggeration about the size of the fish. Well, the story I'm about to tell you is definitely not a fish story!
It's a fortelling story about a little mama having a very large baby. The little mama would be me and the very large baby being Colin Michael, a.k.a "Hoss".
My appointment today was full of wonderful news, but the most surprising news was the estimated weight of Colin. My Dr. measured, measured again, and to triple check measured again coming up with an estimated weight of 5 lbs. 2 oz. And yes, I'm only 32 weeks pregnant. Colin is in the 78th percentile in his measurements and she has approximated his delivery at 39 weeks to be over 9 lbs.! Are you kidding me? Up until this point I have not been excited about my scheduled c- section, but today I say Hallelujah for the alternative delivery option!
Other great news was that my cervix has not significantly changed and that she felt comfortable with my regular OBGYN's plan of taking me off this limited activity at 35 weeks and staying on meds until 37. I have a feeling that Colin might surprise us all and not arrive until my 39 week scheduled delivery. Wouldn't that be wonderfully crazy after all this worry that he will come too early. Now, I'm not too wonderfully crazy about how it will feel to carry a 9 pounder around at that point and can't imagine being any bigger than I was with Jackson, only 6 lbs. 13 oz. (at 35.5 weeks), but that is out of my hands. God knows what I can handle and from the looks of it wants me to have a wonderful "non" fish story to tell at the end of all this.
Praying for the continued health of my little Colin and the ability to carry such a large fish!
1 comment:
Woohoo! That is awesome! It sounds like he is growing so big and healthy, what a relief. You are doing a great job keeping that baby where he needs to be so he can continue to grow big and strong. That will be really funny if he stays put on his own until 39 weeks after all!
Post a Comment