Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

To start our Christmas season off right, a trip to see Santa was in order for Jackson and my nephews before their departure. My sister had a great idea to take them to Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro shop this year and it was awesome. It was decorated so pretty, there were lots of activities, you could take as many pics as you wanted, they gave you an official one free, and the best part...no line! Each boy had a chance to sit unrushed on Santa's lap and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Jackson went right on up when it was his turn and told him that he wanted a bow and arrow just like Robin Hood. I think I might mention to Santa to make a special one for Jackson with suction cups instead of points...yikes! Lately Jackson has been turning everything into pretend guns, bow and arrows, swords, so maybe Santa giving him a suction cup one would be better than the soaring splintery sticks in the backyard. The really cool thing about seeing Santa was that I didn't miss even a moment of it. I have borrowed a wheelchair to use for events that require a lot of up (walking) time. I know Colin really appreciates the ride and I am so thrilled that I won't have to miss much.

Our house is now in full Christmas mode too, with Christmas songs blaring and decorations adorning every inch thanks to Bryan, Jackson, and my sweet helpers. I love the joy that Christmas time brings to our house! I love this year how Jackson is understanding more about the real reason for Christmas and is eating up every bit of excitement this season brings!

2 comments:

Amber and Co. said...

I'm so glad you got to go with Jackson and see Santa! My little 2 1/2 yr old is big into swords, but thankfully not guns yet. Boys are so cute with the things they want.

Amber said...

I love the Santa's workshop that Bass Pro Shop does for kids around Christmas time. We are planning on taking the boys this weekend. Jackson looks so cute in his picture with Santa. We are hoping that Van sits on Santa's lap this year, in the past he has been too afraid