Friday, August 28, 2009

My Baby is 3!

I can't believe how fast three years has gone by. My baby is now a big boy or has been for some time now, but it feels like just yesterday we were bringing him home. It has been the best three years of our lives!
He continues to amaze me with the new things he is learning everyday. His personality melts my heart and keeps me smiling all day. He is our joy and we thank God for every minute of the three years we've spent getting to know him.
Today has been one of those days that I will never forget. We started the morning by waking Jackson up together by singing him "Happy Birthday!" And probably for the last time I reached down to pick him up out of his sweet crib. He has been waiting for this day for weeks now as I kept reminding him that on his birthday morning he was going to get to see his new big boy room.

Jackson couldn't have been more excited to see his Superhero room! The main focus which he just adored was the vintage pictures of his 5 favorite superheroes we hung behind his bed. He kept saying over and over again pointing to each one, "Wow, Cool, ________(fill in with superhero names)!" But before he tried out his bed he asked me to come snuggle with him on the floor. Did he know deep down inside though Mommy was very excited about how happy he was she was equally sad that he was now big enough for a big boy room? We still have some final touches to do like getting the actual bed in, come on jc penney, but Jackson didn't even notice. He loved everything about his room, from the prints, to the superhero sheets, to his big lettered name, to his costume station. I was worried that he would be too excited to take a nap in there today, but as I write this he is snuggled down dreaming about saving the world!
Today has been very eventful so far. Seeing his big boy room was of course the highlight, but then we got to go to "find your classroom" day at his new preschool. He took being a big boy to a level I'd never seen and was not nervous at all to go in and look around. It felt so good to see Jackson look so comfortable in his new room with his new friends and teachers. I think his first day of school on Monday will go beautifully. And though I will cherish the extra free time, I will miss my curly headed mister as he will be going 2 days instead of just one this year.

We then headed to McDonald's, his lunch place of choosing, headed back for a nap, and are now waiting the arrival of my parents this afternoon to help with last minute party preparations for tomorrow. Can you guess the theme? Yep, superheroes, that's right!

What a fabulous day and it's only half way started! Can't believe my baby is 3! Happy Birthday Jackson!

7 comments:

Kim and Gen said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I feel so bad that we ran into you guys at school and I didn't realize that TODAY WAS THE DAY! I love the room; those canvases behind the prints look AWESOME! Great job Jen!

Anonymous said...

Awesome room!! Happy birthday to Jackson!

Carrie Bryant said...

I love the big boy room!! Happy Birthday Jackson. Riley is proud of you :) I hope his party goes great.

Alana said...

Happy Birthday to Jackson!...can't wait to see ya'll this afternoon...the room looks great!

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Happy Birthday sweet little man. I LOVE your new room and cannot wait to hear about your party! Kiss mama for me. ;)

Tracy said...

What a cute 3 year old t-shirt!

Happy birthday Jackson!