Saturday, September 12, 2009

Super Jackson's Birthday Bash

"We invited everybody, and everybody came!" We were packed to the brim and exploding with joy as we celebrated Jackson's birthday with our family and friends. None other than a superhero theme would do for our Super Jackson. Well, actually I had originally planned a baseball themed party, but after considering the damage that could be done by arming over a dozen 3 year olds with bats I changed course.

I set up four stations in the backyard featuring Jackson's favorite superheros, Superman with capes I made for them to put their names on and tattoos, Incredible Hulk's incredible green goo which was a complete cornstarchy mess but fun, Spiderman's spider ring sand search, and Batman's bat cave (our playset done up by Uncle Craig and Aunt Lizzy - great work guys!). Thank you to my sweet family for coming in early to help us set up. We couldn't have done it without you! It was great. The kids just rotated through at leisure with their parents and spent the rest of the time hanging out and playing on the playset with their buddies.

Once Jackson settled in, meaning I gave in and let him change out of the shirt I made for him into his new favorite Superman P.J.s he began having fun. There was an "I told you so moment" when his cooler shirt was asked to be put back on later, but as soon as he cooled off the p.j.s made a reappearance, which at that point his wardrobe changes were becoming very comical. He hung out mostly with Daddy on his swing letting his cape fly in the air with each push, but he was happy and I think felt really comfortable in his favorite backyard spot with all the excitement going on. As the party went on, Jackson began enjoying himself even more and still talks about how fun it was to have all his friends to our house for his Superman birthday. He says his favorite part was pinata time. For several days he carried around his candy catching bag even though he was not to open it until right after lunch or dinner for dessert.

My favorite part was when everyone gathered around to sing "Happy Birthday." How blessed I felt looking around the backyard seeing all of our dear family and friends there to celebrate my little guy. He is so loved! Thank you for helping make Jackson's 3rd birthday so special!

2 comments:

Nedd Family said...

His party was so much fun. Can't believe they are another year older!!

Katie said...

AWESOME party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an amazing mother Jen and a super duper adorable pregnant super-woman. Miss you. Happy birthday sweet superman!