Bryan's family has vacationed at Lake Conroe almost every summer. I grew up in Conroe, so that lake is no stranger to me and now that we've been married for many years now plus our dating years I think I've been on at least 5 or more trips with them. This year, like some in the past was not spent with just our small group, but with most of the Cargill clan. Bryan's mom has 3 siblings and each of them have at least 2 children, and most of them have either gotten married or have a significant other, so by the time you add up those numbers it truly does become quite a clan. We split up between two fabulous lake houses right across the lake from each other and had a wonderful time catching up and hanging out. What a fun group!
Jackson and I spent most of our time in the pool at our lake house, but also went on several boat runs. He has become such an incredible swimmer. He took lessons last summer for several weeks learning the infant survival type swimming, teaching him to roll over on his back should he fall in and then reinforced those skills with only 5 lessons at the beginning of this June. This summer he really took off, taking this type of swimming to a whole new level and is having so much fun with it, doing cannonballs, swimming underwater for far distances, and diving to touch the bottom. I'm so impressed with his skill and very excited that he learned a way of swimming that promotes water safety while simultaneously encouraging independence and confidence. If Should Jackson fall in the pool, which has actually happened accidentally this summer, he rolls immediately onto his back, takes time to breathe, swims to the side, and pulls himself out. Pretty awesome for a kiddo who is not quite 3! And thanks to Holly's awesome camera, I got this incredible picture of Jackson underwater.
What a great weekend at the lake! I need to put a slide show up of all the great pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment