Weeks that is! I've got to post another belly shot because just in two weeks time I have popped again. Being pregnant has got to be the coolest thing in the whole world. Even with all of the scary unknowns, aches and pains, guys really miss out on the whole experience I think.
I have felt so good the past couple of weeks and I've not been nervous about feeling good because of my good Dr. visits. Finally my energy is returning somewhat and my nausea has subsided to just the occasional gag.
That being said, I've already begun to experience Braxton Hicks contractions. A gradual tightening with a gradual release, happening at least a couple of times every couple of hours. This has been happening for about a week, but then Saturday night 2 very strong painful contractions woke me up and I have to say I was very concerned. After waking Bryan, scaring the bejeezees out of him, we began praying together for the protection of our baby. I kept asking God to show favor on our baby, to protect him/her, and selfishly begged Him to help bring him/her safely into our world. I ended up falling asleep mid prayer and woke up the next morning feeling much better and throughout the day only felt the little mild tightening.
I was a little nervous about these contractions, but kept also feeling little flutters that I thought was the baby. That excitement and reassurance made it a lot easier to wait for my Dr. appointment today.
When I saw the Dr. she reminded me that with each pregnancy most people feel contractions sooner than the first. I remember they started with Jackson around 18 weeks so this is a little early, but since I showed no sign of cervix change she was not worried. She actually noticed two contractions while I was there, so to answer Bryan's question (not lacking support, but just hoping)...no it's not just indigestion. The Dr. has given me a progesterone supplement to help relax my uterus to in turn decrease the amount of contractions. I took Jackson with me today and you should have seen his face when he heard the doppler pick up the baby's 170 bpm heartbeat. He was so taken that his mouth dropped wide open. He then asked very excitedly, "that my baby, mama?" Yes it was...and that beautiful sound never gets old!
3 comments:
I hate those silly contractions. I had them too with Bentley. I have a very good feeling about this baby (girl) and I feel that she will be very healthy and here before you know. Try to relax and enjoy it.
So my bet is a beautiful girl!!!
I started crying at Jackson's sweet question. I'm sure he's so excited about being a big brother!
Tammy
Post a Comment