Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Boy oh Boy, God is so Good!

We are so excited to announce that we will be adding a precious BOY to our family in February!

Jackson is thrilled (that's an understatement) to have a baby brother and though our main concern was that our newest love is healthy, and he is, we look so forward to meeting another beautiful boy.

When Jackson came home from his grandparents house yesterday we surprised him with the news. This was another mouth dropping moment for him. He squeeled with delight and then asked with excitement to verify the doctor's results, "he has a penis?!" Jackson is going to be such a wonderful big brother. He has such a sweetness about this baby boy as he comes up throughout the day to "love on him," to tell him all about superheroes, to let him through my belly try out his paci, taste pretend food, and to ask him if he's having a good day in there. "You havin' good day in there baby?" Today as I was trying to put him down from a nap, with no success (only the 4th time in his whole life he hasn't napped), he wiggled down from his typical snuggle position, pulled up my shirt, and for about 15 minutes rocked with me with his head on my belly and his feet outstretched onto the ottoman. Yes, he still lets me rock him...I'm a lucky mama! I can't wait to see him hold his brother in his arms.

That being said, I actually should rephrase and say we patiently wait with great anticipation... The two days prior to my appointment I had been having much more frequent contractions, the kind with a bite to them. On occasion I was having about 4 an hour which is quite a lot for right now so I brought this to my Dr.'s attention. She was pretty concerned when I had several in the short time I was there, but had a plan right away which I love. I will now be getting progesterone shots once a week given by Bryan and have been given another drug to take on the days when I'm having many uncomfortable contractions. Bryan was surprisingly good at giving the shot and the needle that looked oh so big was not as bad as I imagined it would be. It's those stinkin' pills I'm not a fan of. I had to take one dose yesterday and though it effectively stopped the contractions for about 4 hours my heart felt like it was beating all over my body. I remember this from Jackson's pregnancy and luckily remembered that my system will get used to it gradually, but like I said I'm not a fan.
We pray that my contractions settle down, and I know they will, with the new medication the Dr. has given me and hope that it gives plenty of time for our sweet boy to get good and ready before he makes his big debut.
God is so Good!
16 1/2 weeks baby bump

Baby Boy Reece - 7 oz. and growing fast!

(not very clear. I had to take a pic of the pic.)

7 comments:

Carrie Bryant said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am excited for you all! I could have sworn it was a girl, but I am never right. I will contintue to pray for you and those contractions. Please tell Bryan I said Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

We're so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to meet that precious little guy!

Alana said...

you are looking so cute with your little bump!

Amber and Co. said...

Yay! Another boy! Congrats! Jackson will love having a baby brother. Boys are so much fun! You look amazing! I hope the contractions can stay under control and you feel okay. :)

Katie said...

OK, tears! I am SO excited for you. There could not be a better mother out there for sweet little boys! You are so awesome with Jackson and now you will have double the fun! This is truely wonderful news. I wish you were not having contractions and will certainly keep you in my prayers. I love you and want to catch up soon. I have been a bad friend....absorbed in my nutty life. Let's chat soon. BIG HUGS to your precious self.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another precious boy Jennifer! You look adorable with that baby bump! Continued prayers for a healthy pregnancy!

Tammy

Mindy Dillingham said...

That is so wonderful! I will be praying for you that the contractions will subside. I feel like I haven' seen you in forever. Your picture is so cute. We will have to plan a playdate before we move. I will miss hanging out in the cul-de-sac!