Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back in the Swing

We are finally back in the swing of normalcy. We had somewhat of a normal week last week after our very long week of dealing with the stomach bug the week before. As I wrote in my previous email I thought he'd wake up from his nap after that long night feeling back to normal, but much to my surprise our very long week had only just begun. Jackson threw up one more time that day, totalling 9 times, and then continued to run fever through Thursday afternoon. As he ate his first real meal, meaning not just soup and toast, Thursday evening I was very excited anticipating our release from home arrest and even a grocery store run sounded fantastic.

Well my excitement definitely jinxed me and the reality that we were in for more fun times with the bug came around 10:00 that evening as I was settling into bed. The uneasy feeling I was getting made me curse like a sailor, as I knew what was to come. At 5:30 a.m. as I peeled myself from the bathroom floor to finally make my way back to our bed I turned to Bryan and told him to stay home or find someone to help with little wild man that day. Luckily Bryan's mom, Sharon, was able to come watch Jackson since Bryan had a big meeting that day and I'm so glad that she did because I continued to throw up through lunch time and then was able to recover peacefully until Bryan came home. Thank you, thank you Sharon! It would have been a very interesting day trying to entertain Jackson through all of that yuckiness. I thanked God Monday morning when I woke up feeling back to normal and went to pick a very healthy little boy up out of his crib.

Our last week was filled with catching up from the previous so blogging was hard to squeeze in. I'm finally able to go back to the many drafted blogs about events/stories that I wanted to share.
I just added a link to our October pictures for your viewing pleasure. Save them to look at when you have a good chunk of time, because like normal I have tons. It was hard to stop snapping away at my cute little cowboy.

No comments: