His last night with paci, snuggling up to baby brother at bedtime.
Bye Bye Paci
"yikes...this is not going very well! Jackson is still awake after being put down at 8, after saying goodbye to paci. He is really excited about the paci fairy coming tomorrow morning with his big boy present ( a batman bathouse) and a trip to the donut shop, but I have concluded that puppy and buckers are worthless calm me down friends and that paci was doing all the work because as I write he is still awake and it is only seconds before I am beckoned to go in there once again to help him go night nights. Actually...what do I hear...silence. My final ploy was to ask him what else we could put in his bed to keep him company. I pulled in a blanket my mom made for him and Baby Bryan, Bryan's cabbage patch he had growing up, and then after getting out of bed about 5 times to drag more things in he seems as if he is settling down. Oh...he just said "Night night Baby Bryan!" Wow, is the very ancient, a little scary looking cabbage patch doll doing the trick? maybe so...oh I hope so...and oh did I mention Bryan had band practice tonight and is still not home...yep...what a night! I'll update in the morning, but as I had no one to call at 10 at night and Bryan cancelled his data plan on his phone, I am resorting to the Rowdy Rebels world to get out the stress that the lack of paci is causing. I can't believe that we have waited this long to get rid of it, but now I know why...because I love that thing too! ok, I'm hearing nothing...yeah..and oh Bryan just got home. Thanks for listening! "
He slept until almost 5 the next morning but mommy snuggles did not distract his excitement to see what paci fairy had brought him. No I did not have my camera ready, but just picture Jackson with a dropped jaw as he saw his bathouse standing beside his bedroom door with fairy dust (glitter) strewn all about. Oh, and money for a donut shop trip that morning! We celebrated big time and I did another happy dance when nap time went beautifully.
Every day is a little different with how much time it takes for him to settle down for naps and bedtime, but he has only asked for paci once since their departure so I say that is success. As frustrating as it is, going in and out of his room during our very coveted mommy/daddy evening relaxing time, I can see slight improvements every day with him learning how to settle down without it. The things he says to himself, to us, and to Baby Bryan while he tries to fall asleep are priceless. I am so proud of us for staying strong and not going out to buy him a new paci and I love how proud he is of himself when he wakes up knowing that he went to sleep like a big boy.
Every day is a little different with how much time it takes for him to settle down for naps and bedtime, but he has only asked for paci once since their departure so I say that is success. As frustrating as it is, going in and out of his room during our very coveted mommy/daddy evening relaxing time, I can see slight improvements every day with him learning how to settle down without it. The things he says to himself, to us, and to Baby Bryan while he tries to fall asleep are priceless. I am so proud of us for staying strong and not going out to buy him a new paci and I love how proud he is of himself when he wakes up knowing that he went to sleep like a big boy.
1 comment:
I am very proud of him too! Riley was SUPER easy to get off the paci, but Miss Bentley on the other hand loves it and demands it constantly. She is only 16 months, but I had Riley off at 18 months. I dread getting her off and who knows when I will!!!
Post a Comment