Thursday, October 29, 2009

Escapee!

On Saturday I began feeling quite like a little chicken and in an attempt to be more organic thought I should go free range! A car ride and short excursion was more than necessary. Don't worry, I took care of myself and by short excursion I mean we were back to the house within 35 minutes, 20 of which was spent going to and from our destination.

The excursion took us to Jackson's school pumpkin patch for our annual pumpkin picking. This was something if at all possible I was not willing to miss, but decided it was best to make it very short. We have gone every year since Jackson was only 2 months old and I have to say it's one of my favorite family traditions. And it produces some of my favorite pictures. Jackson in pumpkin glow is just glorious. It felt so good to be free and felt so good to be doing something normal for a brief moment.

On Sunday, because my contractions had been very light we decided to make our way to our annual playgroup Halloween party. I was to host this year's event, but my sweet friend Audrey offered to switch it to her house. As low key as I was going to make it, hosting a party for 10 families was not at all in the bedrest definition.

We had a pizza dinner, followed by pinata time, pumpkin hunting, and my ultimate favorite, just some good old fashioned running around time. One of the dads led a spontaneous race down the side yard which turned into a 30 minute event of many many actually very organized races back and forth. Jackson's favorite part was jumping the gun and racing off before Mr. Eric would say go and then being dragged back by Daddy hysterically laughing to start the race.

The kids were absolutely precious in their costumes and surprised us by taking their first sitting still picture all together. They are really growing up!
Audrey did such a fabulous job, Jackson had such a great time with his friends, and I thoroughly enjoyed relaxing in someone else's chair watching him have that great time.

1 comment:

Amber and Co. said...

Too funny that you escaped! I'm glad you were able to do that, it probably helps your sanity! Hoping for good news tomorrow from your doctor!