Before now I never understood why people kept their Baby's name a secret until he/she is born. I have to admit I always found it slightly annoying, but that has changed.
We have had a beautiful name picked out for our beautiful boy for about a month now and we have kept it a secret from almost everyone. Something I never thought I would do. Mainly due to the fact that I am horrible at keeping secrets and that like I said previously I have always been annoyed with others that do this.
For some reason though, it has been such a sweet intimacy that our family of almost four has shared just between us. When we say our prayers with Jackson every night he prays specifically for Baby ________ to stay safe in Mommy's tummy. When we dream about what he will be like we refer to him by name. When Bryan lays his hands on my ever growing belly to feel our wiggly boy move about making himself quite at home, he talks to him using his sweet name.
I think I might be one to keep this a secret until his birth, but since Jackson now says his name many many times a day I know he'll let it slip.
So without further ado click on the video below to hear big brother Jackson announce our sweet baby's name.
4 comments:
That has to be the cutest way ever to find out Baby Reece's name! Jackson is such a precious big brother already. Love it love it love it! :)
SO CUTE! I loved hearing Jackson say his little brother's name! And, I love the name too, how exciting!
I can't wait to meet Mr. Collin! Jackson is going to be such a great big brother...
We kept Mac's name a secret from family (all our friends know). I know that sounds a little backwards, but we got tired of people having opinions on what we should or shouldn't name him!...I usually get annoyed too, but that was our reason...
I love the video and I absolutely love the name! What a special meaning!
Post a Comment