Well, I made it a month longer than I did with Jackson not being on bedrest, but with the crazy contractions I had this week it was suggested by the Dr. to be off my feet, getting up only when necessary. She has also given me some stronger anti contraction medication which seems to be working wonderfully. On average my contractions have decreased from 4 + an hour to only around 2 and much weaker ones when I'm having them so that is good news. Every once in a while I'll have an hour or so randomly with 6 or so contractions which is alarming, but with extra meds. they go away.Of course I'm bummed that bedrest has found me again this pregnancy, but I'm keeping positive and know how important it is to give Colin some much needed growing time. I feel so fortunate to have my parents and mother in law within an hour from us alternating coming in to help with Jackson, meals, laundry, etc. I'm looking at this experience as getting to spend more time with the people I love and them getting to spend more time with my precious, ever so busy Jackson.
A dear friend of mine asked me how specifically she could pray for me and our family through this time. My first response was to pray that my spirits stay lifted. She was surprised because I seem so positive with all this, and I am, but it's something I will continue to work on so that Jackson doesn't feel any of the stress the possible longevity of this change in routine. Our most treasured moments together are the ones I can actually still participate in thankfully. So storytime, snuggle time, meal times, puzzle/board game time will remain the highlights of my day.
Also specifically I will pray that my Dr.s will continue their proactive care and catch any possible complications before they occur. I'm praying that my appointment next Friday shows no cervical change and that maybe just maybe they'll let me see if my body can handle a slight increase in activity level.
Jackson every day tells me with the most excited expression, "Mama, after Santa comes, Baby brother will be here!" Oh, I hope he's right and Colin waits until well after Christmas to come. Until then, I will enjoy seeing him in the very cool ultrasounds every week!
2 comments:
Despite the medications, stress, frequent appointments, changes in routine, etc. you are absolutely GLOWING and beautiful! If any family can handle these adjustments to routine, it is the Reece Family. You 4 are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.
you are the cutest pregnant woman!...praying for you guys and hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment