Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Valentine's Day!

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day at my sister's house with my family. We enjoyed a great dinner together to celebrate v-day, and enjoyed singing/playing guitars after the kiddos went to bed. However, Valentines was actually the side note of the day as it was my nephew, Sean Thomas' 4th birthday party day and none of us would have had it any other way. I love little kid birthday parties mainly because I love watching the pure joy on the face of the birthday girl/boy! I remember that feeling, that overwhelming feeling, that everyone there is to celebrate you!

I can't believe he is already 4 years old. I think he would agree now, that his "small boy" days are behind him and he is a true "big boy" now. What a sweet soul my little nephew is. He looks a lot I think like my dad and has that same sweet spirit about him. He just shines. I can't wait to see how he grows and changes during his "big boy" years. We love you Sean Thomas...Happy Birthday!
Birthday Boy, Sean Thomas
Joshua, enjoying the gymnastics party mid air!

Yummy monkey cupcakes Aunt Lizzy!


My favorite memory of the weekend:

We tried to put all the boys down in one room to leave other bedrooms available for adult sleeping. Sean and Joshua sleep on bunk beds every night, so we thought why not add Jackson in the mix and see how it goes.

It went something like this...

Josh in the top bunk, Sean in the bottom, and Jackson in a pack and play beside him. We put them to bed with a story and song and five minutes after leaving a very sleepy room heard this.

Joshua: snoring, and continued throughout the whole process
Jackson: Humming himself to sleep like he often does
Sean: "BE QUIET JACKSON, IT'S TIME TO GO TO SLEEP. IT'S DARK OUTSIDE!"
Jackson: "To infinity and beyond!"
Sean: "JACKSON, IT'S NOT A TALKING TIME!" "NO TALKING!"
Jackson: "Yes"
Sean: "NO"
"
"
"
"
Jackson: "OK, Sean, I be quiet"
Silence - 5 min.

Jackson: Humming himself to sleep again
Sean: "JACKSON, BE QUIET. THE SUN IS NOT UP YET!"
Jackson: "I BUZZ LIGHT BEER!"
Sean: "NO YOU NOT! PLEASE NO TALKING!"
Jackson: "YES!"
Sean: "NO!"
"
"
"
"
Mommy Intervention=Silence, however this gave Sean more ammunition when Jackson's humming started...

Sean: "Your mommy said no talking!"

And you know how the rest went until I had to take my little talkative 2 year old and lay him down in his own room. Maybe we'll try it again next time! ha ha

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is just adorable!