Saturday, January 31, 2009

From my sister's blog...

I had to copy and paste the blog she wrote today because it had me rolling...We're going to Sean's b-day party in a couple of weeks so I'm sure there will be another item added to the list very soon! I love it! The only thing that makes me a little nervous is that she has until August to think of the perfect payback. Yikes!

Friday, January 30, 2009
Posted by
Elizabeth at 7:37 AM

Jackson Present Ideas
My sister is a wonderful Aunt. The boys love her, because she knows the secret to their heart: Give them things their mom will hate!! Here is a list of presents given:

To Joshua: roller skates (originally roller blades)--in the winter, when mommy was 8 months pregnant with Sean
a marble run--when Sean was crawling
Air Hog stomp rockets--because what kid doesn't like shooting their eyes out
Labyrinth game and planet marbles-- the dog loves to eat marbles
To Sean: drum set-- I mean come on really, a drum set?!!

This is just a partial list, I'm sure there have been some other really nice unannoying, non-dangerous gifts. So now it's PAYBACK TIME. The problem is what do you give her son, Jackson, when all these things are gifts she would love for him to have. Bryan and Jen, would probably connect the air rocket to the drum set, fill the bass drum with marbles so it makes more noise, and strap on the roller skates so he can take it to the streets.

What do you give him when his parents love noise, music, flashing lights, and big messes? Well, Jackson's birthday is in August, so if you have any suggestions, please send them to me. Maybe I can find a toy that does absolutely nothing, maybe to her that would be the equivalent of a drum set.

No comments: