Friday, January 30, 2009

"I King, Mommy!"

When it was time for a diaper change today I asked Jackson to go grab a new diaper out of the bedroom. He loves being my little helper. About 10 seconds later he ran out with a big boy pull up on his head that he must have found back in the drawer yelling, "I King, Mommy!" Then he proceeded to run as fast as he could out the back door and into the yard to go potty. All boy! I wonder who he learned that from?

I plan on potty training him over spring break. He only goes to mother's day out once a week, but I think it will be good to have a little more time to master this at home before heading to try it out at school... His teachers will probably appreciate that. He is pretty much ready and if I just pulled the trigger I think he'd be completely potty trained in a matter of days. Right now, he goes on the potty at least a couple times a day, and is starting to be able to tell me in advance when he needs to go. I'm excited about not spending a fortune on diapers, but think I will miss the convenience of them when we're shopping, on a long car ride, etc.

I can't believe he is growing up so fast and is ready for this stage already! Wow how time flies!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Jennifer, I LOVE Jackson but do not like that picture b/c he looks SO old in it. Awwwwwwww, man.....I do not want to think of that sweet boy as a big boy. He is your precious baby and I like it that way. LOL. Knowing you like I do, Jackson will be potty trained in two days when you put your mind to it. Miss you guys sooooooooo much.