Monday, January 5, 2009

Jackson at 28 months

Oh I just love my little guy! And I know that I've posted this picture before but I just love it! He is growing and changing at such a rapid pace these days. Every day he's learning something new and talking more and more. It's amazing to be a part of this wonderful journey. Here is a random list of things I didn't want to forget about my sweet almost 2 1/2 year little boy.

Singing: He used to occasionally sing a song every once in a while, but now it is non stop singing all the time in our house. If he's not singing he asks me to sing and loves it when I make songs up about everyday things and about superheros. Yes, I have a different song that I sing about all the superheros.

Favorite Songs he Sings: ABC's, Rock a Bye Your Bear, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Every Letter makes a Sound

Favorite Books: Happy Chicks (thanks Uncle Wayne and Aunt Jennifer), Dear God, Mr. Paint Pig, I Love you Through and Through

Favorite Activities: Playing with cars, water coloring, crafts at the little table with me, his train set, reading books, and playing make believe. Make believe is a big one! Jackson loves to go in his tent or under the table and pretends to go to Chick fil a, Target, friends houses. We'll do a whole fake order, handing invisible money and food between us. He'll ride his scooter around to the other side of the culdesac to buy me food at Target. Most of our day is in a make believe world it seems.

Making something out of nothing: When eating crackers he'll make shapes and pictures out of his crackers as he eats them. He'll make a tiny triangle, a boat, a bird. They don't all the time look like what he says they're supposed to be, but a lot of times they do. It's so funny!
Learning:
Counting: 1-14
Shapes: Circle, Square, Rectangle, Triangle, Oval, Star, Heart
ABC's: sings song, can recognize A, B, C, & O, knows sounds for A, B, & C
Colors: knows all basic, favorite color is yellow

Talking: talking most of the time in complete sentences. He talks non stop in the car about anything and everything. When he's asking for something he knows I might say no to he cocks his head to the side and ends the question in a very sweet very high pitched voice.
I love it when he says:
I Love You too Mommy
Sweet Dreams! Sweet Dreams! (as I close his door)
Snuggle Me
Hold You
Buzz Light Beer!
More Minutes please
Cho Chos - cheerios
Buckers (still calls his blankey this)
Bubble Day please (when he wants a bubble bath)
Mommy's hair...please (when he wants to twirl my hair)
Santa where are you?
I cute (as he looks into mirror)
Drive safe Daddy
Play roar Daddy?
Get you me (aka chase)

I know I'll think of more!

No comments: