Jackson loves to be a "Naked Baby." I guess I'm much to blame for his facination with this. I have since day one thought that he looks the cutest in just a diaper and wrapped up in a towel after bath time. After his bath every evening I sing him the same song my mom sang to me as a baby. "Naked baby, naked baby, you're my sweetie naked baby, and I love you oh yes, yes, I do." There is nothing award winning about the lyrics to this song, but I can still hear the sweetness in my mom's voice as I would beg her even through elementary school to wrap me in a towel and sing me that song. Jackson has heard that song so many times that he now sings along with me as we stand in front of the mirror after bath and look at his cuteness.
"Naked Baby," has become much more than a song in our house lately though. He will come to me in the afternoons pulling his shirt up and say "Naked Baby, yes?" as in please take off my clothes so I can run free. Occasionally I'll give in to this sweet request and let him run free in the backyard or house for a short time. Gone are the days of "diaper boy" though because with in a blink of an eye becomes "naked baby," and with that becomes the potential for accidents even though he's gotten good about going on the potty.
Yesterday morning I was showering when he was playing with toys in the bathroom. At one point Jackson came up to the shower, pointed at me, and said "naked baby." Tears came I was laughing so hard. Oh to be a naked baby again!
As I was writing this I took a look at my friend Katie's blog and her recent blog was about her kiddos loving to be naked. It's an epidemic! I'll include the picture of jackson runnig free at my parent's house last weekend once I get my scanner working.
No comments:
Post a Comment