I can't believe Jackson will turn 2 in just one month. Wow! My sweet baby is getting so big! My nephew Sean ( age 3) when asked if he's a big boy says, "No, I'm a small boy." So I guess that's what Jackson is... a small boy... not really a baby any more, but not a big boy quite yet. Here are some little tidbits about our small boy at 23 months.
Swimming - Jackson loves the water! He is not happy just sitting on the steps playing with toys. He is constantly jumping in, swimming underwater out to us ( probably about 10 feet) and then immediately wants to swim back to the steps and this repeats for as long as we're in the pool pretty much. He's crazy! He naturally just loves it and was good before we started swim lessons but now he has the confidence of a 5 year old it seems in the water and can even float for up to 30 seconds on his back. I'll have to download a video to show how incredible it is.
Colors- Jackson's favorite color is yellow. Anytime we ask him what color something is he guesses yellow. He does know all of his color words and if we correct him and say no it's not yellow he'll sometimes guess the right one. In the car he likes to shout at the top of his lungs all the color words he knows. it's so cute.
Counting - He's getting so good at his counting. About 3 months ago he would just say 2, 2, 2 when counting. Then he started saying only even numbers 2, 4, 8 and now he says 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10. I'm kind of sad that this change happened so quickly and i'm going to be really sad when he starts saying 9.
"RUN"- We've decided that Jackson is going to be a marathon runner when he grows up. Whenever we pull into the driveway from an outing he wants out of his carseat and yells "RUN" as he bolts around the cul-de-sac. And if we come directly inside he runs laps around the house. Olympic track star in the making I think!
1 comment:
They do not get much cuter than precious Jackson! I hope to see you soon buddy!!!!
Post a Comment