Monday, December 6, 2010

10 months old + almost another month...ahhh

Colin is growing way too fast, as is my little sewing business.  I have been way behind on my blogging yet again, but that's life and I have been spending any free time that I have hanging out with my guys instead of blogging about it.  Not enough time to blog and live, so I'm just living and having fun trying to enjoy what seems to be fleeting babyhood and preschool moments.  Why does everything have to move at such a fast pace?  It is exhausting because I don't want to miss anything!

Colin took his first steps now almost two months ago, two weeks ago he was putting those steps together into a step, step, step, plop pattern and now, well he is pretty much briskly walking everywhere.  He has only stood up from a seated position once, so on the rare occasion he falls, he crawls to the nearest pull up spot and then keeps on going from there.  He can even wave, which he is doing a lot of these days while walking.  Colin, some people can't even walk and chew gum so buddy you are a genius I say!

He now has 2 teeth in all the way, 2 teeth at 50% and four others that have made their grand appearance, but are enjoying the red carpet still and haven't quite made their full debut.  This being said, I have a little beef I need to air with these pearly whites of his!  They caused quite a ruckus you might say in the past month and a half.  It began with an accidental biting and then they sneakily persuaded Colin to go on a full out nursing strike that never resolved itself despite my best efforts.  I went to quite some lengths to get my career nurser who at one point despised bottles to give it a go again so that we could make it to the one year mark together but it was a no go.  He is now a bottle loving, formula loving as of this week, little dude so we're going with it.  Besides his four bottles a day he eats anything and everything we offer him in regard to table food.  He eats each meal as if it's his favorite and often two fist feeds himself to enjoy each bite as quickly as possible.

Now don't get any ideas when I tell you this next part, because my kiddo is not for rent, but even on the hardest of days, one little look at my precious angel, one little rub on that silky soft, incredible smelling noggin, one little squeeze, or the surprising slobbery kiss overwhelms even the bluest of blues.  He is intoxicating.  He is peace.

In Genesis 1:27 it says, "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."  Though I know we fail miserably to be like Him, there are people in my life that show me a little of who He is everyday.  God often shows me a glimpse of His amazing forgiveness and grace through Bryan, His incredible joy through Jackson, His hope through my sweet angel babies, His peace through Colin.  I could go on and on and I thank you God for revealing these things to me at the moments when I need them the most.

No comments: