Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Superhero Headquarters


Jackson was none other than Superman for Halloween this year which was very convenient and easy on the budget. When asked what he thought Colin should be he very enthusiastically said "Superbaby!" And boy were they cute!

Monday began the celebrations with Jackson's costume parade at school. His class, the Ladybugs, visited the church's pumpkin patch afterward for class pictures. Aren't they adorable!


 Friday night was our playgroup party. I was able to host this year unlike last when the main focus of Halloween was to stay off my feet as much as possible in hopes that Colin would wait a little longer to arrive. Jackson and I had so much fun getting ready for it by making homemade pumpkin spice play dough and candy apples. The kids had so much fun running around in our backyard, playing on the fort, and taking turns hitting the pinata. I did set up a pumpkin play dough station and pumpkin decorating station but what was I thinking....these kids entertain themselves beautifully and didn't need all that. I just couldn't help myself. We just love our friends and our so thankful that our kiddos get to grow up with such great people in their lives!








Saturday, we carved Mr. "Gordon Orange" into one scary pumpkin and enjoyed being outside together.


Sunday evening we met our neighbors in the culdesac for a quick dinner and off to trick or treating we went. Jackson was way into it this year having so much fun running up to each door to say trick or treat. After the person would hand him his piece of candy he would point to another in the bowl and say, "I don't have that one yet, or that one eeder (either)." And every time they would give him what extra pieces he pointed to. I tried to correct him each time and tell him that one was enough, but the people would insist on giving him the extras. It pays to be pretty stinkin' cute I guess.
Colin was content snuggled up in his stroller along for the ride and I just loved getting to be a part of the festivities this year. When we got back home Jackson dumped out all of his candy and began to sort it into different groups as he sampled away. There was the flat candy group, the tootsie shaped group, lollipop group, etc. The Whopper group, oh heavenly Whoppers, was housed oh so close to me. Bless you neighbors for that yummy malt ball goodness I get to indulge in every Halloween!

More cute pictures from Halloween 2010!


No comments: