Monday, December 20, 2010

Gobble Gobble

I was about to post about Christmas, but realized that oh my goodness I didn't give note to any gobble gobbleness (is that a word?).

We had a splendid time, celebrating with our family all the many blessings in our lives.  And though it was not the perfect time to leave for a week while in the midst of the busiest time with my new sewing business, it was the perfect time to take a break and remember to breathe a little.  Please don't get me wrong, I love that my business has taken off and I'm so very pleased with the product that I'm creating, but I basically started it up during the busiest time of the year so it took quite the balancing act to get through those November weeks when I was swamped with orders, kids in and out of being sick, and being gone for a week. 

The Angle celebration was the weekend before and in attempt to catch up with my family we stayed through Wednesday and then headed to Honey and Doc's house.  Prior to leaving for my parents we finally made a trip to Dewberry Farms with some of our good friends and it was grand.  The perfect family outing on the most beautiful fall day we had had in quite some time.

 Genevieve took some awesome family pics of us in the corn maze,
which was just one of the many fun activities there.
 Jackson and buddy, Alastair searching for corn.
 Proud of his stash!
 Rope swinging was Jackson's favorite activity.
 Mine too!
Bryan's favorite: the corn cob cannon!
 And Colin's favorite: roaming free in the corn maze.


Our feast was on Sunday, but to be honest it felt like Thanksgiving every day we were there with good food, good catching up, and just some great quality time together.  Ok, well the last day, the boys had had maybe a little too much fun and were driving us crazy with their little tiffs, or maybe that was just my Jackson being a stinker. To be honest I don't really remember the last part clearly except saying to my sister as we extinguished another moment of crying that it would probably help us not miss each other so badly if we left on that note.  Seriously they were just pooped and Jackson had skipped many naps and gone to bed late many nights in a row out of the excitement in staying in Mimi's grandkid room upstairs with my nephews.  But why am I talking about the end moment when the beginning and middle was so great with good girl shopping time, guy time on Poppy's boat, fishing by the pond, hanging out with Wayne and Jennifer, visiting with the Kleimanns, watching the little bits interact, hearing the boys from afar have the time of their lives in Mimi's bonus room....

I love this picture as we were sitting down to dinner in my mom's kitchen.  With the two new additions she added the smaller table that she sits at with the big boys, until they refuel for the next round of play.  This kitchen is one of my favorite places to be.  Loud energy, warm with love...
 Getting some quiet time with the isty bitsies.
 Sean and Jackson pretending to be little puppies in the dog playpen.  I think it's hilarious and have so much fun handing out puppy treats (raisins).  They are the cutest puppies I know.
 Tired puppies
 My mom was determined to get a good family picture this year, which I think I already included in another post, but it's too pretty not to post again.
 Goofing off in between pictures.  Jackson loves his cousins!
 A Martin family picture outtake.  I just couldn't help myself!
I have so many awesome pictures of their family and ours, but they might be used on Christmas cards and I don't want to spoil the surprise if you haven't gotten yours yet, and to be honest, there are so many to go through I would never get this post out if I didn't stop now.

Wednesday we made it to Mike and Sharon's by early evening and got to not only hang out with them, but the Mike's siblings and their families were in town this year so we started with a great meal at Mom and Grandaddy's house, followed by a Thanksgiving at Honey and Docs the next day, a girls lunch, intermixed with just chilling at Honey and Doc's.  Oh and some Aggie football fun.  Whoop!  And oh did I mention there was shovel throwing?  If you're wondering how that is Thanksgivingish, then you're with me on that one, but when you get that many Reece's together strange things happen...

 The Reece men during their shovel throwing competition.
Honey Love

 So thankful my boys have each other!
We would be set for date nights galore if cousins Maggie and Ellen lived in Katy.  A girl can dream!
 Looking back at what I just wrote it does not seem to do justice to what a wonderful time we had with both of our families.  Side note...how cool is it that we live within an hour of each and are able to see them so often.  Thankful are we that we are a part of a family that loves to have fun together and blessed beyond words where life has brought us this year in our now family of four!

No comments: