One of the latest topics in our devotional was titled "Lady, Do You Know Where You're Going?" The goal of this topic was to help sharpen our focus on our purpose as moms and aligning our priorities with that purpose. It began by asking, "what is your goal(s) for your children?" Your long term goal. As the lesson was shared through the opening video, one mother on the video shared that her goal was for her young children to learn to love themselves and to listen and obey their parents so that in turn they would learn eventually to love the Lord and listen and obey his commandments. I loved this. It made so much sense to me, a mom of a preschooler and I realized that I felt the same way, that this was the goal I had for him that I had never really put into words. Jackson knows about Jesus and God from our tellings, from attending Sunday school, and reading Bible stories, but does he get the big picture right now? Of course not. Will he some day? I pray every night for that. Until then, I know my job is to teach him to love himself, others, and to obey us, his parents.
Psalm 22:30 says "Our children too shall serve Him, for they shall hear from us about the wonders of the Lord." To hear about the WONDERS from US. What an awesome word WONDERS is. I pray that I never stop seeing the wonders of the Lord and that I will always find it easy to share them with my children.
I feel the greatest wonder of all is LOVE. I am constantly singing that new David Crowder Band song "How He Loves." My boys sure are learning the wonder of love through our family and friends. I feel so blessed when I think of how many many people truly adore and love my children. The plural tense of that word still brings me to a stop. To know that our actions of love for our children and the love that surrounds them from our family and friends is showing them God's big love for them is really cool. And cool that one day they will know and realize that it comes from Him.
I love the words to this song. Especially "He is jealous for me." Jealous for ME...Wow!
"How He Loves"
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
No comments:
Post a Comment