Monday, March 22, 2010

2 months old! plus a little

I can't believe Colin is already 2 months old!

He went in for his 2 month checkup today and did really well. I remember how awful it was taking Jackson to get his first shots... I couldn't bear the sound of his wailing cry and had tears myself, but this go around was much easier. Taking Jackson to get his flu shots this fall definitely made this feel like a walk in the park.

Colin's Dr. said that his strength and behavior seemed to be more like a 3 month old instead of a 2 month old. So funny, because my mom and I were just saying the same thing yesterday. He has such great head control, is already trying to roll over, and has begun pulling his little knees up towards his belly. When the Dr. first came in he greeted her with the biggest smile and a sweet little "ahhhh" coo. Too precious!

He weighed 12 lbs. 5 oz and measured 24 1/2 inches long. 60th and 90th percentiles respectively. I was looking back at Jackson's stats and was surprised to find that he weighed more, at 12 lbs. 12.5 oz. And he started out at only 6 lbs. 13 oz. Wow he grew a lot in those first 2 months. He was 2 inches shorter though than Colin at this point. Gosh Colin seems so much bigger than Jackson did at 2 months.

Colin very much is living up to the meaning of his name. He is quite the peaceful little fellow. Still very much likes to be held most of the day, but is becoming increasingly fond of his swing and bouncers which my back is grateful for. As long as what is holding him is moving we are good to go. If only they made a vibrating feature on carseats we would be golden. When the car stops or the stroller stops we have not a very happy Colin. So peaceful yes, but I guess not totally easy going.

We just moved Colin up to his room which is two months earlier than we moved Jackson. He hadn't been sleeping through the night the last couple of weeks, probably going through a growth spurt, and we finally got our extra camera for our video monitor, so we wanted to give it a try. It's been really nice not having to tiptoe around our room at night and he has slept through most nights since then. Maybe Bryan's snoring was waking him up. ha ha. It does however seem that on nights that he sleeps through that Jackson wakes with a nightmare or an accident. How heavenly it will be when full nights of sleep become more of the norm than the abnorm.
I'm excited to see what this next month of growth and development will bring. I am just dying to hear a big belly laugh!

3 comments:

Alana said...

He is really holding that head up! Such precious little boy...hope to see you guys soon!

kelkel1998 said...

o jennifer how precious a nights sleep would be!!!! I hope it comes sooner for you than it has for me! Such cute pictures

Unknown said...

Wow! You're right...I can't believe he's 2 months old! What fun!