That night I got him all dressed up in his cowboy gear, reusing some his costume from two Halloweens ago which was a little short but surprisingly worked out great...thanks elastic! While waiting for us to finish dinner he galloped around the house riding his pretend horse. Every time he passed the table he would stop to lean on the archway and pose saying in a very twangy authoritative voice, "I'm a cowboy!"
Jackson is growing up so fast. A night event at school...crazy! Even though I was unable to attend the Daddy's only event I felt as if I had been by Jackson's thorough recount of the night. They marble painted paper cowboy boots, built block towers, enjoyed a trail mix snack, did a pop rocket science experiment, and ended the night with a class performance of the fishy song. Though I'm still trying to figure out how pop rockets and the fishy song goes along with the cowboy theme those two activities were Jackson's favorite he said, so I'm very glad they were included.
Jackson hasn't stopped talking about when Daddy got to come to school with him and how much fun he had. What a special night for these two cowboys!
3 comments:
I love that...I can't wait for our little K-man to get here! It certainly will open up a whole new world for us...a world we're looking so forward to!
ADORABLE! What a great idea. You know as a former teacher....maybe they worked for weeks on the "cowboy song" and it was just not happenin' so the teacher pulled out the old classic "fishy song". LOL. And about the pop rockets, the teacher was probably like "How will I entertain 12 dads....oh I know, give them rockets!".
Lord have mercy, I just love your family. We DO need to get together sometime Jennifer. I'd love to meet Jackson and Colin. Have a great weekend!
Tammy
Post a Comment