Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Halloween Batman!

Halloween was so much fun this year! He asked I think every day in October if it was trick or treats time. Of course in previous years I picked out his costumes (Jackrabbit, Jack-o-lantern, and Cowboy Jack), and he looked precious in them, but this year was the first year he has gotten really excited about his costume. And really excited about everything Halloween. We read so many books about pumpkins, bats, scarecrows and did crafts to go along with them, but I think his favorite books this year were Runaway Pumpkin and the Halloweiner! We have read them each several times a day since the week before Halloween and every time he cracks up. I wish he would have been at the house when one of my old students came by in her hot dog costume this year because he would have just loved it.

We just had such a great day. After nap time we finally carved our Halloween pumpkin. Jackson wanted to make him "really spooky" like the pumpkin from the Runaway Pumpkin, which is actually a very happy looking pumpkin thank goodness, because I don't like spooky Halloween things. There is too much fun cute stuff that I just ignore all the stuff that could possibly give me nightmares.

Annual Pumpkin Carving

Jackson's "Spooky" Pumpkin
After pumpkin carving we got Jackson ready in his costume which took all of 5 minutes or maybe 10 when adding the house sprinting in the mix. We practiced several times about using good manners for trick or treating and then were out the door. Our friends Brian and Tracy had let me know they were in costume if we wanted to stop by to say hello. I knew Jackson would get a huge kick out of Tracy's Wonder Woman costume and we had another 30 minutes before meeting in the culdesac for dinner so we headed their way. It was so fun seeing him race to the door in such excitement and then even better when his eyes lit up seeing Wonder Woman and her Pirate open the door. He wanted to know all about her costume. It was also very fun for me as I didn't get to join Bryan and Jackson on their neighborhood trick or treating route walking so thanks guys for having us over so I could see his little face light up like that.

Jackson's Superhero "Concentrating" Face Ready for Trick or Treats
Favorite Trick or Treat StopWe enjoyed our annual culdesac Halloween dinner with neighbors and then Bryan and Jackson headed out. An hour and completely full treat bag later were back and in an attempt to curb the building sugar rush we let Jackson enjoy some play time with friends in the culdesac before heading inside. What a fun night!

"High in the Sky Daddy!"
Putting his cape to good use.

No comments: