Thursday, November 19, 2009

From Above

I give thanks to God for each and every day that my body can continue to serve as a healthy home for Colin to grow stronger. Every day matters and though bedrest is not the ideal experience during a pregnancy, especially with a toddler at home, I know full well that every extra day is so important. I explain to Jackson that my main job as a mommy is to keep him and Colin safe and most of the time that's all he needs to hear when he is questioning why mommy is not able to join him in an activity. That's probably the hardest part, hearing him say things like "why don't you want to pick me up from school?"

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

I had fun making this on www.scrapblog.com.

Over the last week I have been put on much more restrictive bedrest due to some increasingly strong contractions with accompanying pressure. They also increased my meds which surprisingly I'm handling very well. I occasionally allow myself a walk around the house to stretch, but I'm supposed to only get up to go the restroom and to sit at the table to eat meals. I don't know if it's because of this change in decreasing my activity even more, or the meds, or the combination of the two, but I have seen a decrease in the intensity and frequency of contractions. We had only one scare last Saturday with 3 hours of 7 contractions an hour, but after a good night's sleep I was back to my normal 3-4 an hour. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my perinatologist where I will have another ultrasound. I feel very hopeful that she will not see much cervical change and I can't wait to catch another glimpse at Colin!

No comments: