Tuesday, May 26, 2009

School's Out for Summer!

I can't believe another year of Mother's Day Out has come and gone. That went by so fast! I really enjoyed my "just Jennifer time" one day a week and Jackson had so much fun playing with friends and looked forward to going every week to see what fun things he was going to do. It almost sounds funny to say, "School's Out for Summer" when it was just a one day a week thing, but nonetheless I like the division of a new beginning that Summer brings. A beginning of long afternoons in the backyard baby pool, water gun fights, bike rides to the snow cone stand, lake and camping trips. Cold slices of watermelon, the smell of baby sunscreen...Yeah for summer!

We celebrated Jackson's official first day of summer last Thursday by spending all morning playing in the new sprinkler I got him, splashing in his little pool, and then taking a bike ride to the snow cone stand. Summer has always been to me a time to unwind, relax, spend extra time with friends and family, stay up late enjoying the extra daylight, and to just breathe! It's my favorite favorite season and I think with all of the fun stuff we have planned it will be his too.

No comments: