Sunday, May 17, 2009

Princess Cantaloupe

The dawning of swimsuit season probably makes every woman a little nervous. Not having exposed that much skin in public for seven months or so... enough said. The thoughts of "Oh man I should have started working out a couple of months ago", "Man, I wish my summer tan from last summer was still here to make the not as pretty areas look a little better," "Didn't that suit fit last year?", "Why do they make all the swimsuit bottoms in the stores so small?" flash vividly in my mind and probably a lot of others. And I tread lightly saying this, because I do realize I am naturally slender person, and from experience know that if I ever make comments like the previous people always poo poo them and look like I can't believe she just said that because she is slender. I get that, but I also get that even slender people can feel self conscious about their bodies once in a while too.

I broke out the suit on Saturday to enjoy a day of backyard baby pool fun with my guys. After looking in the mirror longing for my 20 year old body(I assume everyone wants that one back), I walked into the room and in an awestruck voice Jackson said, "Mommy looks so pretty... Like a princess! Like a princess!" What a sweet soul! Let me tell you, if I could bottle up those words in the way he said them and sell them to every swimsuit self conscious woman, I would make a fortune. As I was running to make a cannonball, or a "cantaloupe" as Jackson says, in his baby pool I did feel like a princess. Princess Cantaloupe!

So, I'm going to poo poo my own thoughts and let Jackson's sweet words take over every time I put on my bathing suit this summer...you should too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not poo poo on your parade....you are beautiful, and always will be! Love you lots! Email me some dates that you are available this summer-Em

Alana said...

I love that little boy! The words that come out of his mouth are too precious.

Beth Hays said...

You are so funny Jennifer. I love reading your blog...you make me smile. Thanks for that!

Mindy Dillingham said...

That is too sweet! By the way, I have noticed too that the swimsuit bottoms always seem to run small. What happened to vanity sizing? Can't they just make us feel a little better?!!!