Tuesday morning just like every other morning Jackson and I headed outside to see Bryan off to work. A hamburger hug, smackers, knuckles, and a high five later Bryan was headed down the road and we decided to take advantage of the incredible puddles from the night before. We had a fabulous time, but got kind of chilly so we headed inside through the garage to take warm up. Jackson thought a shower with me would be the perfect cure to his chilliness. Just as we were about to get in he decided that his favorite bath toy upstairs needed to join us too, so I darted to open the stairs gate so he could run up and get this necessary item. Just as I was opening the gate for Jackson we both glanced left at the exact moment to see that the front door was wide open exposing our shower readiness. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! I forgot when I went in through the garage that I had gone out through the front door and subsequently left it open. Thank God my neighbors were not out at that moment because they would have gotten to know me much better than they ever should. Yikes!
If you know Jackson then you know that he plans to be a track star when he grows up and jumps at any chance to practice his skills. So, in the blink of an eye my naked baby races for the door. I was not about to dash after him naked mommy style and with the hope that he would not head down the driveway I sped to the bathroom to throw on my robe. That little speedster was already halfway around the culdesac, but lucky for me the best puddles were on the sidewalk so he hadn't made his way into the street yet. So here I was, in my closest to the door robe, which happened of course not to be the most modest, chasing after my naked puddle splashing baby. He was having the best time singing as loudly as possible " Naked Baby, Naked Baby!" With a little candy bribery we finally made it back into the house. I think I will be double checking the doors before every shower. Ahhhhh! It is hilarious looking back on, but could have been a very scary, mortifying story had it not played out the way it did.
1 comment:
That is hilarious! I can just see Jackson running around your street naked!...ha ha ha
Post a Comment