
My friend Alana and her little 2 month old baby, Mac, came for a visit yesterday. This was the first time Jackson and I had seen baby Mac, so we were very excited to meet the new little guy. I've seen many many pictures, but he was even cuter in person.
Jackson fell in love with Mac instantly at the restaurant. Alana was so sweet with Jackson and so generous with Mac, letting him touch his feet and putting him on the floor so Jackson could get a better look. We decided to head back to the house to catch up some more while Jackson napped, but when we got home Jackson had other plans. He had to show Mac where he keeps his shoes, some of his favorite toys, and kept asking him to get down and play. Alana asked Jackson if he wanted to hold Mac to which he responded, "Yes!" I realized as I grabbed the camera that this was the first baby that Jackson has ever held. He has been around a lot of my friends' little babies, but I guess there has never been the opportunity to safely hold one. When Mac was placed on his lap you could see the absolute delight on his face. He held for a good 10 minutes oohing and awwing over him and tickling his little feet. He was so gentle with him. It was the sweetest thing. When it was time for Jackson to go down for his nap Alana said he could give him a kiss on his forehead to tell him goodnight. Before we knew it Jackson licked Mac right across his forehead and then looked at us with the biggest mischievous grin. We just about died! It was hilarious! Truly a moment that would have won us big bucks on America's Funniest Videos if we had only been taping.
When Jackson woke up from his nap he immediately said, " I go wake up Baby Mac!" I hated breaking it to him that Mac had already left, because I knew he would be sad. When I told him the bad news he responded by whaling, " I need Baby Mac! I need Baby Mac, Mommy!" After a cookie snack he was " peeling better," but still asked later that afternoon if he could hold him again. I think these two are going to become great buddies!


1 comment:
I love the picture of Jackson and Mac looking at each other =)...so sweet!
Post a Comment