How did this happen? After today Colin will be closer to 2 than 1. What?
At his checkup he weighed 25 1/2 lbs.(39%) and was 33 inches tall (72%) which followed his curve perfectly, but it still shocked me that his weight percentile was not something more like 95%, at least that's what my back thought it would be. I probably should not be carrying him as much but I just can't help myself.
He simply is amazing. Breathtaking is more like it. His sweet giggles, the way he calls his paci "bah bah" and his blanket "bankey," the way he smells after waking from a long warm nap, the way he bonks our heads when we ask for a kiss and then has to do the same to everyone else in the room, the way that silly little red monster on sesame street brings huge grins and happy stomps and how he calls him "elbow"... I could go on.


And so I am...
Oh how we love the way he runs at high speed giggling when Bryan comes home or when I pick him up in the church nursery, how he calls Jackson's name in a two syllable format "Jack (wait for it) son" mimicking my tone when I'm perhaps displeased with something big brother is doing, the way he gets so excited when we go to the pool or just even turn the water hose on outside, the way he eats about twice the amount Jackson does, how he races to the bathroom to brush his teeth any chance he gets, how tickle time after story time relaxes and convinces him to let me rock him longer, how he points to his cheeks and feet for extra kisses after I put him in his crib, how his speech is exploding with about three new words every day, how I cook most dinners with an almost 26 lb.er on my hip...it's my secret ingredient, and I could keep going on but I think that little stinker escaped upstairs and is brushing his teeth again.
Oh how we love you so Colin and what a privilege it is to share my everydays with you my sweet boy!




No comments:
Post a Comment