Thursday, June 23, 2011

By Wednesday...

Wow, May and June have been full to the brim with out of town and in town events and great memories with the boys.  After making a list of all the things I want to blog about (Bryan's bday, our Mexico trip, Mother's Day, end of tball season, my nephew's first birthday, a trip to my parents house, father's day, summer days and much more) I realized that, one, there is no way I can give each event justice with the amount of energy left after busy days and two as to why this Mama finds herself exhausted by the middle, not even end of each week. 

Life is good!  Bryan and I came to the conclusion that our calendar always being overbooked is the clear result of being blessed beyond measure with an abundance of  family and friends that we love to hang out with, that are too hard to say no to when asked to hang out or go on trips with because we know how much fun we will have with them and how rich our lives are because of it.  Now this truly is a great problem to have. 

And only normally on Wednesdays do I question our madness of going so strong. It is on Wednesdays that I feel almost as if there is no way that the steam I have left could hold me until the end of the week.  By Wednesday the bags are unpacked from a previous venture, the laundry complete, groceries purchased for the week, meal plans made, a cleaning to do list for Thursday made, bags ready to be repacked for another eventful weekend or plans made for an eventful weekend here.  And this is all on top of the craziness that involves taking care of two very active little boys and making sure that our moments are filled with umph and not wasted away with meaningless stuff. I've come to the conclusion that being a mom is hard.  I know, it's taken me a while to say this out loud I guess, because everything that's good and amazing and wonderful and filled with joy, the unbelievable thankfulness I feel and blessing I've been given to be able to stay home with my children outweighs this completely.  But (and I hate to say a but) it's amazingly hard to do and to do it good.  And I'm seriously not talking about doing it perfect or attempting to because I do know that is not reachable. 

The goodness, the energy that fills the rest of my week, the patience, the joy, everything that comes out of me from Thursday on is simply an answered prayer.  I'm not in this alone and realized a long time ago that without God I wouldn't be able to do hard things good, and being a mom is hard and I'm determined to do it good.  So by Wednesday, and every day before I partner up with a God who helps me do just that!

I found the above printable on a random blog (www.kikicreates.blogspot.com) I ended up at one day and I loved it.  I think I'm going to frame it and put it in my bathroom beside my morning prayer.  As I wash my face with my Morning Burst face wash it will remind me that "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 and it will give me the extra burst I need to start my day on the right note.


1 comment:

Amber said...

I love this saying; it is so empowering. It is one I often use on Van when he protests doing something he doesn't like (such as teeth brushing) by saying "it is too hard, I can't do it." Then comes the great quote "we can do hard things!"