Monday, August 16, 2010

On the Move

Colin has discovered a whole new world!


Two Saturdays ago, July 31st, at 6.5 months our little fellow began crawling. I can't believe two weeks has passed already. Slow down time!


He had been rocking on all fours for several weeks, but on that Saturday he began very slowly and deliberately taking crawling steps. Throughout the next two weeks every day he has gotten more proficient and subsequently very fast. Could be due to all the practicing he has been doing in the middle of the night. Don't they say when babies learn new big skills like crawling, walking, etc. that they have trouble sleeping?

I love the look of determination on his face as he raced for one of Jackson's superheroes.

Not only is he crawling around at top speed now, but this last week he has been pulling up on everything. Jackson didn't even crawl until 8 months which I thought was early then, but then it took until at least 9 months if my memory is correct for him to begin pulling up. So now you understand why there has been so much time in between posts. I'm hoping to get caught up on some very blog worthy summer moments in the next couple of days, but keeping Colin's new world a safe world for him has been keeping this mommy very busy.

His favorite pull up spot is the stairs gate and coffee table.
He loves letting go and holding on with only one hand. Ahhh!!

I'm more than afraid my next post will be announcing that he has started walking. Just last night several times he stood unassisted for over 3 seconds. Yikes!

No comments: