It is hard to believe you have been with us sweet boy for a half of a year. You are simply amazing!
You, Sweet Colin, at 6 months:
- At your checkup you weighed 17 lbs. 1 oz (42%) and your height was 27 1/4"(78%). By the way, for those curious, think my husband has a big head people out there, Colin's head circumference was in the 52 percentile. Just perfect I'd say!
- Your two bottom teeth came in on July 5th and your top two are looking like they might be poking through any day now.
- And on the same day, sat up for the first extended time
- You are now a pro sitter. You get mad when mommy puts you on your belly to play instead of sitting up.
- Two weeks ago you began pulling yourself up on all fours and rocking. You now can turn in circles in this position, but I'm begging you to please wait awhile before full fledged crawling. That will open a whole new world for you that I'm not quite ready for you to explore just yet.
-You go nuts playing with your stacking cups. When brother stacks them, you love knocking them down.
- You have a deep love for magazines and everything paper. I'm constantly worried you are going to find some and choke or put it up your nose.
- About two weeks ago you began eating solids, beginning with rice cereal and oatmeal. So far you have tried almost all the basic first foods. Your favorites are the ones I have home made for you, which I really appreciate little guy. You are not crazy about any fruits except bananas and avocados which are your favorites. Sweet potatoes are a runner up to those two.
- You are finally sleeping through the night with maybe a paci pop between 2 and 4 a.m. to hold you off until at least 5. After I feed you between 5 or 6 you like to fall back asleep until 8 or so. If only I could talk your brother into sleeping past 6:30.
- You are quite the little snuggler these days and will let me rock you until my hearts content with your fuzzy little head nestled against my chest. Just glorious!
- Until last week you said "ABSOLUTELY NO BOTTLES!" We tried everything, but once you sucked on a bottle and liquid touched your tongue you would begin to scream. I was determined to get to go out for my 30th so last week finally after much much much practice and trying many different bottles we had success! I feel so blessed to be able to nurse you and love the sweet bonding time with you, but every once in a while it is nice to let Daddy or a grandparent have a turn and go have some Mommy time. So after three months of not missing one feeding, thank you for letting me have some time off to celebrate my birthday out on the town.
-You have the sweetest, most gentle, happy, easy going spirit. Just a sweet soul. You are easy to smile and now have two dimples flashing when you do. I wish I could bottle up your soft chuckles. Lately your brother has been making you die laughing with his funny sayings and quirky moves. If Jackson or I walk out of the room you are in for even a moment you quickly let us know that you miss us sooooo....much. Quite the social fellow!
- I have been calling you my little squish lately because Jackson and I think you are just perfectly squishable. We still call you Mr. Chubbers, Brother Bear, and Bruddy ( jackson), but Squish just suits you perfectly!
-You and Jackson have been taking baths together every night. Such a sweet way to end the day. Jackson will rush to get his teeth brushed and hair combed so that he can climb in your crib with you for "brother snuggles" before bedtime. He even brings his lovies in to share with you.
- Speaking of Jackson, well he still is infatuated with you. He wants to feed you, join us on every diaper change, to be the first one in your room when you wake up, and if you start getting fussy he rushes to your side yelling "Super Brother to the rescue!"
- We adore everything about you!
It is indescribable how blessed I feel to be your Mommy! I'm crazy about you sweet baby!
More pictures to come...
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, he is so adorable. He is full of chubby baby goodness. I Love It!
I am in love with that sweet little man! He is just too cute!
Kati Ann was reading this post with me and immediately upon looking at it said "Thats Colin!" I can't believe she remembered after meeting him one time. It was so great to see you guys. We love you so much! Wish we could hang out more...I know we would have so much fun.
Post a Comment