Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweet times with my Sis

After Colin and Cade's baptism, which I have yet to blog about for no other reason than there are so many pictures to go through, my sister stayed the week at my house. This visit I have to say would make the top of the list for great times together with my sis. We have always had an incredible bond, but it seems to have only gotten stronger with the birth of our youngest boys.

The week was the perfect combo of fun and relaxation together. The first two days the boys played non stop, and when they weren't entertaining themselves our mission was to wear them out with fun activities. We took them to pump it up and to the local park for a picnic and put put golf. After two days, Sean and Joshua headed to Mimi and Poppy's for some special time there. We missed the big boys but it was really special to get some down time with Elizabeth and Baby Cade. We enjoyed the quiet time together catching up while holding each others babies. You could tell that Jackson enjoyed being the only big boy and getting a lot of extra attention from his Aunt Lizzy. It was really special to see their bond develop even more throughout her stay. And don't get me started on how much I loved getting to really know Cade. I think it's just so cool how close in age our youngest are. Man, if only we lived in the same town. I just realized I have no pics of Colin from our time together. We had taken a lot of the two babies at the baptism that I'll share soon, and there is no way to take pictures of Colin and Cade together without being held because Colin's curiosity is a little too bold for sweet Cade just yet.
We were almost too busy playing and relaxing to take tons of pictures, but here are some of my favorites from our time together.

Aunt Lizzy loving on Jackson, loving on Baby Cade! I should have entered this into the Pioneer Woman's "Love" photo contest, because there is no other word to describe the beauty of this picture. Oh how I love my sweet sister and her role in my kids' lives. And isn't it crazy how much we look alike? Try this...cover up her nose and mouth that really are only slightly different than mine and well it looks like you are staring at me now, right?


At our favorite parkThe sweetest, most cleverly smart 8 year old I know!The most adorable, happiest, go lucky, perfectly spunky 5 year old I know! He starts kindergarten tomorrow...tears. He looks amazingly similar to when my dad was little. And you know there are not enough words for me to describe this little package of goodness. I can't believe he will be 4 next Saturday...more tears!What a group!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

What a sweet post.. and some really great pics, Jenn!!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of Liz! I never realized how much you do look alike. It was fun spending time with her because of two reasons..1) I like Elizabeth 2) It was like being around a little piece of you! See you Sat.

Elizabeth said...

Geez...Thanks Jen, I haven't cried enough in the past couple of days. It was a great week. I realized I have never really spent time with just Jackson. You owe me a Dallas trip this fall. I thought of something really cool to do with Jack, but forgot what it was. Seriously, I was even talking to Craig when I thought of it and he can't remember either. Well if I do remember it will be fun.
Emily-you just like me for my awesome hostess skills: no a/c or food for lunch. Loved seeing you and Hank too. He is just so cute! Maybe we can all get together when Jen comes to see me.