Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

A very happy day indeed!

Today was my 10 week check up with my regular obgyn and I have to say going into this appointment I was so very nervous. The knowledge that things can go wrong is not very fun to carry around and is very hard to push out of mind, but I think I did my best throughout the last couple of weeks not to let it consume me...with a little help of course.

I was craving good news today about our new little love and that's exactly what I got. The scan showed that our baby is measuring at 10 weeks 6 days, which is actually a little ahead of schedule and most importantly that his/her little heart is beating so strongly. What a beautiful sight it was on that ultrasound seeing our baby tumble about kicking it's little arms and legs. It reminded me of walking into a dark theater. Trying to find your way to the people you're supposed to sit by, not knowing if they are even there yet, and then all of the sudden you see excited arms flailing about, without sound mouthing "Jennifer, over here!" It's as if my baby knew exactly what I needed to find my way to my seat of peace. Exhale, inhale, exhale...I can breathe again knowing that you are ok!

On the way home from picking up Jackson from my friend Emilee's house I told him the good news about our baby and told him that when we got home I would show him pictures of him/her. He then asked what we're going to name the baby. "What do you think, Jackson?" I said and very definitely the response was "Gordon!" I'm going to strongly suggest we name his large playset in the backyard Gordon instead of our sweet little baby as the name means "large fort." Not quite what I had in mind, but hilarious none the less.
My next visit will be to see my perinatologist at 12 weeks for an in depth ultrasound and consultation about the health of our baby. I can't wait for more good news and pray that it will be just that!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, girl! Praising God right alongside you! Yay!!!

Audrey said...

So, so happy to hear the happy news Jennifer! Stay strong and positive! Love ya! :-)

The Thalblum Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that! I can't wait to meet the new little one and find out if it is a he or a she!

andydawn said...

What grat news!!! I can't wait to hear lil sister or lil bro!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news! Praise God!

:) Tammy

Mindy Dillingham said...

so wonderful!