We were not expecting the amazing news we received today when we went for our ultrasound. According to our stats and how I was feeling physically the last several days we were preparing ourselves for the news that those factors would typically produce. Emotionally we had not gone there yet, totally, and had not pushed away our hope, but it was beginning to slip away as we received another discouragingly low HCG report on Tuesday evening, followed by cramping and spotting that night and following day.
Last Thursday a very small amniotic sac was the only thing present on our ultrasound, but today, today we saw a beautiful baby with a very strong beating heart. I think my heart at that moment was racing just as fast as hers/his was when my eyes caught a glimpse of what I will remember as one of the most beautiful moments in my life. Tears poured as our tensed bodies eased. Thank you God for our precious gift.
The radiologist saw no signs of fetal distress or uterine bleeding. Nothing that would compromise our pregnancy at this point. He however indicated that the baby is measuring at only 5 weeks and 6 days. The Dr. was puzzled by the timing being so off from my charting and cycle date, puzzled by my very low HCG levels, cramping and spotting, but reassured us that this baby, our Baby looks very healthy. We had a follow up directly after with my obgyn who said the very same things…that this was definitely not a typical pregnancy but every sign right now indicates that it is a very healthy one. She said that when they see such a wonderful ultrasound, they stop questioning the stats. They are thinking the cramping and bleeding I’m experiencing is from the late implantation and low progesterone and that it should ease up in a few weeks. I’ve been told to relax as much as possible, keep a relatively low activity level, rest a lot, and eat healthy.
I actually don’t know where all these words are coming from as I’m still pretty speechless, shocked, amazed. But I had to share our very happy news. I feel very cautiously excited about what is to come and can’t wait to take a peek at our baby again in 2 weeks. Until then I will be on my knees praying for his/her health and for the calming of my nerves.
“Praise God from whom all blessings flow!”
8 comments:
I've been absolutely obsessing over your blog waiting for news! Praise God!! I am so thrilled for you and am on cloud 9 on your behalf!! Still praying hard for you and your new baby too...
We've been praying for ya'll and are so excited to hear this! I know how happy you must be. We will keep you in our prayers!
I could not be happier if this were my own baby. SO HAPPY for you and Brian. So very happy for you.
Yea!!! I'm so excited! We love you 4!
YIPEEEE!!! You guys are on my heart and mind....love, Emily, Hunter and Hank
Praise God Jenn! I am so happy for you and Brian. Everything will be fine. I will continue to pray for you and the baby. Congratulations!!!
I am SOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you three!!! I have been thinking of you and praying for a beautiful blessing in your belly :)
Wow! That is great news! I spent a little time reading your blog and the journey you've been through in creating your family. I'm so happy that this little baby looks great. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Amber
Post a Comment