Monday, March 2, 2009

"Every Letter Makes a Sound..."

Jackson is all about his ABC's. He is constantly pointing out letters on buildings as we drive and ones in books we read. Just for fun, I should tally how many times a day Jackson sings the ABC song . It's got to be at least 20 times. He also loves singing the Leap Frog letter sound songs for many of the letters. His favorite sound to make is the c sound. "Every letter makes a sound the c says, /cuh/." One day he woke up from his nap, saying "MOMMY! LOOK, the C says /cuh/!" When I went up there he was pointing to the c in his name on the wall.

We do a lot of letter and sound activities at our house, but I love the Leap Frog fridge phonics and thank you Katie for our copy of the Letter Factory DVD. He gets so proud when he says the sounds correctly. I think it's pretty awesome that at 2 1/2 he already knows the sounds for A,B,C,F,M,S,T, and Z! And what I think is even more awesome is that he is so happy learning these new things and gets so proud of himself. Oh I hope this love of learning continues!

The other day he was drawing on his easel with chalk and ran to get me saying, "Look Mommy! I draw the letter M!" And then he did it over and over again. How cool. Then he said he was drawing an i and made lots of little dots and a big fat line below them. How cool! He is constantly amazing me!

No comments: