We decided to celebrate Jackson turning 6 early this year with a surprise birthday party at his favorite place, Chuck E Cheese. With Owen's upcoming arrival and the starting of kindergarten just days before his actual birthday I knew I needed to take advantage of this little window of time.
My nephews were already in town for the fourth so with the addition of a few of his closest guy friends, it was a perfect sweet play date group. By the way, Monday morning parties are the way to go when you book a big venue like this. The boys had a blast and Jackson was able to really spend quality time with each of the fellows we invited.
I was so proud of myself for following through with a destination party, our first one yet and man is this the way to go if you do it on the right day and with a small group of kids. I did indulge my creativity by making these simple Ninjago balloons and matching cake topper which Jackson loved and to be honest I just couldn't help myself from doing at least this one little thing to add a special personal mama touch.
Jackson had a blast as I knew he would since he had been talking all Spring about wanting to celebrate here. He loves playing arcade games, loves the mechanical dancing mouse, loves even more when the costumed mouse comes out, and because it was his birthday he knew he would get to have that mouse all to himself for a while and would get to experience the TICKET BLASTER. I'm not sure if I've ever seen him so elated. And get this...by taking the advice of his oldest cousin and his sheer determination, he caught the 1000 point ticket! By the looks of the very worn ticket, I don't think this happens all that often.
It truly was a great celebration, and I will never forget the way he slowed down from his party high to thank me as we were leaving. The look on his face and the sweet deliberation of his words as we walked hand in hand to the car. "Thanks Mom for that great surprise."
Happy early birthday sweet Jackson!
No comments:
Post a Comment