We will be meeting our new little love in just a short while and that sounds absolutely wonderful. I can almost feel his little head snuggled against the nap of my neck, I catch myself already swaying as if he's in my arms, and at night while I listen to the quiet that two sleeping boys brings, I yearn for the warmth of him on my chest as I catch a few moments just with him before I nod off to sleep, and though it sounds crazy hearing myself say this, I can't wait to be up in the middle of the night nursing him while my house is at it's stillest. We are ready but sweet baby we don't want you to take that as a signal to come just yet. We can wait for the good stuff while you grow stronger and are fully ready to take on this world.
You are one blessed little boy. You are so incredibly loved already and you have not even ARRIVED yet. Jackson's hands are constantly on my belly feeling your powerful kicks, giggling as he imagines what you're up to in there, talking about how he's so much older this time around and will get to hold you so much more. He thinks you growing inside of his mama is amazing, that you're amazing, and can't wait to hold you. You should have seen the look of wonder on his face when he felt you get hiccups for the first time. Your rhythmic thump thump thump lulled him to sleep that night. Colin adores you too in his own 2 year old way. He pulls up my shirt when we snuggle at night so he can lay his head on my bare belly and feel you move around. He is not as inquisitive as his older brother is, but you can tell that he thinks my growing belly that holds you is pretty interesting but he would much rather just go ahead and have you here. He says "open your belly and get your baby out now." "Not yet," I reply which now has become one of his favorite sayings for everything I ask him to do. He's a funny fellow that little big brother of yours.
I think this third little boy of ours was feeling a bit left out not having taken his mommy to the hospital yet. I guess it was time for a mini date with him. On Thursday when my contractions began coming anywhere from 3-10 minutes apart for several hours with a different level of discomfort we decided it best to go and get everything checked out. The Sunday prior I experienced the most violent stomach virus ever which left my system a bit off despite my best efforts to rehydrate and rest a lot. After a couple of hours of monitoring the Dr. sent me back home with a strict 80 oz/day water requirement, to eat eat eat, and modified bed rest until my big ultrasound on Wednesday. I am of course hoping that everything will show on my ultrasound and lab work that everything is back to normal and I can resume a take it easy, non bed rest plan but oh my I'm just thankful to have gotten so far in my pregnancy with far fewer restrictions than I ever have had. Normally I would have been a month plus into bedrest so praise God!
Our little fellow is looking quite like his youngest big brother and his Daddy at least by the looks of his 4D picture I had two weeks ago. We're still trying to pick out a great name for this perfect addition to our family and can't wait to share it with everyone when we do.
July 30th is the big day at this point to meet him, but we will see as time goes by if they or he decides to move his arrival up a bit. What a beautiful day it will be!
This was a beautiful day too! My precious new nephew, James Hayes Trotter, was born about a week ago on May 24th. We are so excited for new parents, Karen and David and just love that our third little boy will be so close in age to their first. They are going to be best buddies and I have to say how blessed he will be to have such amazing older cousins to show him the ropes and get him into all kinds of trouble. And Hayes we have such big plans for you. First up, teaching you how to blow raspberries while eating...oh yes payback Karen will be oh so sweet!
Uncle Bryan, Aunt Jenny and cousins Colin and Jackson with Baby Hayes
Your cousin Jackson is quite enamored by you Mr. Hayes!
This summer is going to be booming with Reece babies! All boys in fact! Hayes as the ring leader, followed by our cousin Emily's baby in mid July and then bringing in the rear will be our precious little one. Our holiday gatherings are going to be so much fun!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment