Monday, May 23, 2011

Reliving Spring Break

Yes, I'm just now finding the time to post about an event that happened many weeks, ok, months ago, but life with two boys, completing orders, and being out of town quite often has kept me more than busy these days.  You will probably be seeing a lot of back tracking like this for a while as I try to catch up on recording the many wonderful memories we've already made this year.

Spring break was filled to the brim with fun activities.  Maybe a little too much fun as our break left us quite worn out starting the next week.  Did I just say worn out?  Oh no I'm either getting old or maybe I'm just having too much fun!

A mom's night out to the rodeo started it off  just right I would say! Though Lady Antebellum is a favorite of mine it lent to a pretty mellow show, but we ramped up the good times by staying out late at the Cattleman's club dancing the night away, just us girls.

I just love these girls!

On Monday I took Jackson and Colin with some friends of mine to the rodeo to hit all the fun kid spots.  There was hardly anybody there because the weather threatened some major storms, but we went for it hoping the best and knowing we'd enjoy a thinner crowd.  After taking in the amazing indoor set up and going through one of the outdoor exhibits we took a break for lunch in the eating pavillion because to be quite honest I was running out of steam trying to keep eyes on the boys at all times. I needed them still and in one spot for at least a few minutes.



Hindsite we should have plowed through the carnival part and eaten on the way home because our break left Jackson and Natalie halfway through a ride that neither of them were crazy about when the sky opened up.  "Come on carnival guy...stop the ride already and let me get my baby off!"  Maybe not exactly what I said, but let's just go with that.  Emily and I thanked God for our double strollers that we piled our kids into and made a dart for the car.  To be honest, and not just to make the story better, our inner compass got a little off and I think we took the long way around unknowingly.  So, at one point we were welcomed by an eatery stand to take a wring off break and let some of the lightning pass before heading out again.  I don't think I've ever been that wet.  Luckily the umbrella rigged blaster wheel left my kids just minorly soaked. 

The Woody kids didn't fair as well and did I mention though that Emily's oldest, sweet Natalie did not however by oldest child status get a spot in their double so she gets the biggest trooper award of the day.  Probably our most memorable rodeo by far. I might take the forcasters forcast a little more seriously next time but sa la vie.


Wednesday we headed to my parents house to spend some time with them and my sister's family.  We enjoyed the beautiful weather by exploring the land, taking a cruise on the lake, playing baseball in the backyard, roasting marshmallows, and just catching up.  It was a blast as always!
Jackson and Sean working the fields
Looking for trouble...
 Liz and sweet Baby Cade (anything but trouble!)
each having their own sort of fun
 A great way to end the week!

One of those nights Bryan and I snuck out on a double date with the Bowlings to the rodeo again, but this time to see Zac Brown Band which was incredible.  I knew I loved their stuff, but you could now say I'd really like to be a groupy if my profession right now would allow it. The horrible sound that only the rodeo sound system/acoustics can do to great singers didn't interfere at all with the amazing performance they gave.  Their genuine energy and love for what they do was infectious! Somebody that should have caught that bug was the not so friendly bouncer managing the crowds going into the not so cool Rodeo dance hall.  But with that Zac Brown vibe running through my veins I just had to catch a dance or two with my hubby. After waiting in line for quite some time a break was in order for Bryan thinking he could just pop back in line with me when he got back.  Oh no, Mr. Grumpy Rodeo Volunteer who was taking his job just a little too seriously, informed Bryan that he needed to go to the end of the line or he was going to get kicked out.  What?  Are you kidding me? Wow, he really meant business.  At this point our friend swere already in and waiting for us and not to mention, hello, I had my dancing boots on, so we spent another good quality chunk of time, and by that I mean getting glared at by Mr. Grumpy that at this point was more than beginning to rub off on my Mr. Nice Guy.  Well, I'd like to say it was worth the wait but by the time we got in there my dancing boots were feeling a little drowsy, my Mr. Nice Guy was unable to put on his normal happy face, and the sound system was seriously threatening the lack of hearing we have left.  Ok, so it was not a perfect ending to the night, but I didn't get to the part about being encouraged by my parents to just get a hotel down there instead of heading back, so waking up late in a fabulous room with no kids squeezed between us did create a perfect morning.  And I'll cheers to that!


Cheers to a great spring break spent hanging out with friends, animals, family, and my man!



No comments: