Monday, May 24, 2010

And then there were five...

Angle grandkids that is. Or I guess I should say Angle GRANDSONS. Cade Norman (after my dad) Martin, born on May 20th, brought our tally to 5.

My mom is always questioned when she shares with people she meets that she has only grandsons if she has missed not having a granddaughter and very emphatically she replies no. Though I know she would like to clear out some of her attic space that is filled to the brim with boxes full of barbies, dolls, and our very large dollhouses, she and my dad are genuinely and perfectly delighted to have all boys at least so far. And how could they not be with how absolutely precious each one of these little guys is. We made the trek up to Dallas after Jackson's tball game on Sat. morning to see the newest little guy. I just couldn't wait to meet him and though it was a lot of driving for being there just shy of 24 hours it was worth it. I always feel this incredibly strong, almost magnetic, pull to be there immediately when my sister calls to tell me a little one has entered the world. I hate that we don't live in the same town or at least closer than 5 hrs. away, 6 with stopping now to feed Mr. Colin, but we make the most of it and see each other as often as possible. I love love love being an Aunt to these 3 precious boys. Sean Thomas and Jackson are so close and they are 18 months apart, so I can only imagine how wonderful it will be to see Colin and Cade interact with only 4 months difference. There might be a little catching up to do on Cade's part to get to where Mr. Chubbers is. It will be so fun to watch them grow up together.

Congrats to Elizabeth and Craig for bringing another beautiful blessing into this world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Sorry I missed your call yesterday. We were celebrating my grandad's 82nd birthday. We left Conroe pretty late and we all crashed when we got home. I hope you guys had a great trip!

Katie said...

Love the pictures. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! He is precious.